Date(s) - 08/01/2017 - 09/15/2017
Categories No Categories
Want your photo of LosCabos to be featured on the cover of Visit Los Cabos? Los Cabos Cover Contest 2017
The Los Cabos Hotel Association and HCP Media invite you to submit your best photo of Los Cabos using the hashtag #LosCabosCoverContest for a chance to have your image grace the cover of the 2018 edition of the book along with other prizes!
It’s simple really. Show off your best Los Cabos photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and tag it with #LosCabosCoverContest to enter. That’s it! No hassles. No fees. No long registries. And don’t sweat it if you’re the modest type. Just send your image to LosCabosCoverContest@hcpmedia.com if you prefer to be more discreet.
The winning photograph will be featured on the cover of Visit Los Cabos 2018. The lucky winner will also receive a three-night stay in Los Cabos and dinner for two, courtesy of HCP Media.
The Fine Print
Professional and amateur photographers who reside in either the U.S. or Mexico are invited to submit their photos of Los Cabos using Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or alternately via email. The contest runs from midnight on Tuesday, August 1st through 11:59 p.m. on Friday, September 15th. Judging will begin after the contest closes, and the selection jury will announce the winning image on November 1, 2017.
Complete Rules: VISIT LOS CABOS — FRONT COVER 2018 CONTEST RULES
The Los Cabos Hotel Association and HCP Media invite you to enter our annual cover contestfor a chance to see your original photo featured on the 2018 edition of the Visit Los Cabosannual destination guide.
To enter, simply share your best photo of Los Cabos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram usingthe hashtag #LosCabosCoverContest, or send the image to
LosCabosCoverContest@hcpmedia.com. Deadline for submission is September 15, 2017.The winning entry will be announced November 1, 2017 and will appear on the cover of Visit
Los Cabos 2018.
The Los Cabos Hotel Association (AHLC) and HCP Media (HCP), a custom publishing andmedia subsidiary of McClatchy.
The Visit Los Cabos 2018 Cover Contest (the “Contest”) begins August 1, 2017, at 12:00:00a.m. U.S. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) and ends September 15, 2017, 11:59:59 p.m. EDT(the “Promotion Period”). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 15, 2017 AT11:59:59 P.M. EDT. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these official rules(“Official Rules”). By submitting an entry, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees tothe Official Rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out inthe Official Rules.
The Contest is open to citizens and permanent residents of the United States and Mexico,who are 18 years of age or older at the time of submission. Employees of AHLC and theirimmediate families (children, siblings and spouses), and employees of HCP and its parent oraffiliate companies, along with their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings andchildren), are not eligible for any prizes. The jury selected by AHLC and HCP will determinethe winner’s eligibility in its sole discretion. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Submit your entry via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag
#LosCabosCoverContest, or send it via email to LosCabosCoverContest@hcpmedia.com.
You may submit a single entry in .jpeg, .jpg or .tiff format, edited for web — at least 2,000pixels wide and no larger than 10 MB. We do not accept photographs submitted through themail and do not accept more than one image per contestant. Original digital photographsshould be taken at the highest resolution possible, as the finalist will be asked to providean original, unedited digital file.
- The Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify incomplete entries and/or contestants whoare unable to submit, upon request, a high-resolution photograph of at least 300 dpi at8 ½ x 11 (U.S. letter size).
- Sponsors may collect a photograph’s metadata upon entry.
- The photograph must have been taken within one (1) year before the date of entry andmay not previously have won any award.
- Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable, as is minor
cropping. Any changes to the original photograph not itemized here are unacceptableand will render the photograph ineligible.
- Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings and other works of art will beaccepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; providedentrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in “Release.”When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment andnot a full-frame close-up of another person’s art.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by theContest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges andwarrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by theentrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moralrights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity,and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
- By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that all
subjects within the submitted photograph have consented to use of their image by
signing a model consent and release form.
- The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, containobscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable orinappropriate content.
- The description provided with the entry must be complete and accurate, sufficient toconvey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising ormisrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.
- Each Submission must be the submitting entrant’s own, produced work and may notfeature or focus on any material owned or controlled by third parties (unless the entrantcan provide written documentation of permission to use any materials owned by a thirdparty as set forth below or in a form and substance determined by Sponsor in its solediscretion).
- The entrant must provide upon request all appropriate clearances, permissions andreleases (including but not limited to releases from all persons appearing in the
Submission, location releases, and releases from all creative consultants or others whoassisted in the creation of the Submission) for the Submission in a form and substancedetermined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (in the event an entrant cannot provide allrequired releases, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualifythe applicable Submission, or seek to secure the releases and clearances forSponsor’s benefit, or allow the applicable Submission to remain in Contest).
- Submissions must be received by the end of the Promotion Period. The Website’sdatabase clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest. No substitutions of newversions of Submissions will be accepted under any circumstances once the originalSubmission is submitted for consideration.
- Any Submission that, in the Sponsor’s good faith and judgment, violates the
Submission Rules will be disqualified.
As a contest participant, you retain the rights to your photographs; however, by entering thecontest, you grant the AHLC (and those authorized by the AHLC) a royalty-free, worldwide,perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivativeworks of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for anyAHLC purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the magazine andits website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to AHLC and/or
HCP publications. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible.The Sponsors will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additionalapproval in connection with such uses.
Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, responsiveness to theprompt — faithfully representing Los Cabos— and overall impact. The entry that collects themost social media following via Likes or other similar measures will receive an additional pointtoward its final score.
Judging will be conducted by the Jury, which is comprised of members of the AHLC,photographers invited by the AHLC and members of the HCP staff. The Jury will select theWinner, which will be announced on November 1, 2017.
The Winner will be contacted using the information provided at the time of entry. TheSponsors hold the right to disqualify anyone who fails to respond to the notification within five(5) business days.
Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
Grand Prize: The winning photograph will be featured on the cover of Visit Los Cabos 2018.
The winner will also receive a three-night stay in Los Cabos and a dinner for two, courtesy ofHCP Media. Contact: Cell: 624-141-6369email: via email to LosCabosCoverContest@hcpmedia.com.
Event Location: Los Cabos
Event Address: Los Cabos
Event Date: August 1, 2017 to September 15, 2017
Event Time: 8pm